HR ManagerNovember 2020
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years HR experience, have good people and organisational skills, sensitivity in handling confidential issues, good written and oral communication skills, good knowledge of employment laws and regulations. A knowledge of payroll systems and processes will be advantageous.
Responsibility & Reporting Line
The HR Manager reports to the Bursar and is responsible for the effective execution of all the HR functions of the School. It is also expected that the individual in this role will work closely with both the Finance Bursar and the Payroll Administrator, in carrying out and delivering their duties.
The HR Manager is responsible for all HR matters, including:
• Developing and monitoring overall HR strategies and systems
• Overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
• Ensuring legal compliance throughout human resource management
• Updating & maintaining employment policies Day to day:
• Preparing employment contracts for new personnel
• Assisting to write job descriptions to attract quality candidates
• Manage the recruitment and selection process including references, checking barred list and prohibition orders (Teaching & Management staff), risk assessments and DBS checks
• Responsible for the Single Central Register as key part of recording safer recruitment process
• Employment offer letters
• Preparing employment contracts for new personnel
• Induction and other aspects of new employee on-boarding
• Exit interviews • Assisting with employment disputes and employee discipline
• Employee welfare
• Back to work interviews
• Probation letters
• Contract variation letters
• Absence management
• Working with the Payroll & HR Administrator to deliver the annual payrise letters & associated updates
• Inspection Data – Resident forms, etc
• Inputting & maintaining our Single Central Register
Hours of Work, Additional Responsibilities & Remuneration
This is a permanent part-time position, working 3 days a week 9.00am to 5.00pm throughout the year with a pro-rata of the full time equivalent of 20 days holiday a year, plus statutory bank holidays. The School offers a generous remuneration package that includes a competitive base salary, contributions to the School’s pension plan and membership of the School’s medical insurance scheme.
The appointment will be subject to all required safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS check. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Please complete the application form below and send it with a CV and covering letter to Mrs S. Oakeshott email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th October 2020.
Nurse (Term Time Only)September 2020
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a nurse to join our medical centre.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and flexible individual to join our team based in an independent prep school in Tunbridge Wells. Our team comprises of a School Medical Officer, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant.
The successful candidate will be a registered paediatric nurse. Experience working in schools or the community is desirable but not essential for the right candidate. As a school nurse you will be responsible for the day to day running of the medical centre and the health and wellbeing of the pupils. The successful candidate should be highly organised with good IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel.
Our medical centre is open during the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and for sports fixtures half day on a Saturday.
We are looking for a nurse to cover 20 hours per week, including some Saturday mornings.
The school holds INSET days over the school year which you would be expected to attend.
We offer a competitive salary for this term time only role, with free onsite parking and lunch provided when you are on duty. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. We would highly recommend an informal conversation with one of our medical centre team.
Closing date 25th September 2020.
Shortlisting may close early should we have a large number of applicants.
School Nurse Job Description
The job requires:
- An experienced paediatric nurse who holds a valid Nursing and Midwifery PIN number.
- A current DBS
- Experience with a school or community setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative as well as within a team and be a good team player.
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Good ICT skills including knowledge of word and excel
- Good at prioritising and able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, trustworthy, dependable and reliable person
Key tasks and responsibilities
- As a school nurse you will be responsible for the day to day running of the medical centre with the provision of first aid / emergency care within Holmewood House School for pupils, staff and visitors.
- To provide care for any pupil, staff or visitor who becomes unwell whilst at the school. This would include the appropriate medical assessment and any treatment that is required and to organise collection of a pupil by their parents/guardian if they should need to go home due to injury or illness. You would be responsible for the supervision of the child until the parents/guardian can attend.
- Receive and record any medication which is brought in by parents/guardian and store the medication safely.
- Administer any prescribed medications, such as antibiotics that have been brought into school as authorised by parent/guardian. Administer over the counter medication as required and as per school policy.
- Continually review medication and check expiry dates on medication, ensure that parents/guardians are contacted promptly to provide in date medication should it expire.
- Manage the care of children with chronic medical conditions, keeping the individual health care plans up to date.
- Have an up to date first aid certificate. The medical centre deals with day to day incidents and child accidents, including treatment for minor cuts, knocks and bruises.
- Assessing the extent of more serious cuts and grazes and the provision of medical treatment or referral to minor injuries/A&E
- Directing teaching/non-teaching staff in the administration of medication when necessary, e.g. for school trips.
- To organise first aid provision throughout the school – ensuring adequately and appropriately stocked first aid kits and emergency equipment e.g. defibrillators are working and in date within the school site.
- Collating lists of medical needs for children at home or away matches and school trips. Organising first aid bags with any medication that is needed. Inform away venues of any children that have allergies.
- Keep the kitchen informed and updated of any child with allergies.
- To keep medical records up to date, record all children that come into the medical centre in the diary and maintain records on computer records system.
- Ensure the medical centre is well organised and tidy. Ordering medical supplies when required.
- To know and understand the schools safeguarding policy.
- To maintain nursing registration and attend appropriate training.
Please send in a completed CV and covering letter along with the attached application form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Evening Cleaner with Cleaning Supervisory DutiesDecember 2020
Experienced Evening Cleaner with Cleaning Supervisory Duties (minimum 3 years’ experience)
Hourly rate £9.53 .
Hours 6.00pm – 9.00pm (some flexibility is available if required)
Monday to Friday term time plus 3 inset days and 3 full weeks deep cleaning during school holidays (one inset day and one full week’s cleaning each school holiday)
Training days 10/11th December, start December 14th
Shift duties: 6.00 – 9.00 (classrooms x 8, offices x 2, corridors x 2) Supervision of 4 experienced staff throughout the shift
All applications must be on a Holmewood House Application Form or call the School Office on 01892 860000 and ask for an application form.
Applications will not be considered unless they are on a Holmewood House Application Form.
The appointment will be subject to all required safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Registered Charity for the purpose of providing education. Charity Number 279267.
COVID-19 considerations: The cleaning team are provided with full PPE and hand sanitiser is available throughout the school. Stringent cleaning measures are in place throughout the school.
We would like to build up a bank of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 supply teachers to which we can turn when we require cover. If you are suitably qualified please contact Mrs Claire Little – email@example.com
Experience in the independent sector would be an advantage.
Holmewood House School is an equal opportunities employer. Holmewood House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to all required safer recruitment checks including an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
The posts advertised above are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and Amendment Order 1986. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those which otherwise would be regarded as “spent” must be declared. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures and other checks.
Registered Charity for the purpose of providing Education Charity Number 279267