Nurse (Term Time Only)June 2020
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a nurse to join our medical centre. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and flexible individual to join our team based in an independent prep school in Tunbridge Wells.
Our team comprises of a School Medical Officer, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant.
The successful candidate will be a registered paediatric nurse. Experience working in schools or the community is desirable but not essential for the right candidate.
As a school nurse you will be responsible for the day to day running of the medical centre and the health and wellbeing of the pupils, with the ability to stay calm in emergency situations. The successful candidate should be highly organised with good IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel. Sport plays a large role at the school therefore part of your duties will be to provide nursing care and first aid at sports fixtures some of which will be on a Saturday.
Our medical centre is open during the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and for sports fixtures half day on a Saturday.
We are looking for a nurse to cover the following hours:
Monday – either 8am–1pm or 1pm–6pm (negotiable)
Tuesday – 1pm-6pm
Wednesday – 8am-1pm
Friday – 8am – 6pm
Saturdays – 1 in 3 fixtures (half day)
The school holds INSET days over the school year which you would be expected to attend.
We offer a competitive salary for this term time only role, with free onsite parking and lunch provided when you are on duty. We are looking for someone to start ideally after May half term but a September start date would be considered for the right candidate. We would highly recommend an informal visit to look around the medical centre and meet the medical centre team.
Closing date 27 March 2020. Shortlisting may close early should we have a large number of applicants.
School Nurse Job Description
The job requires:
- An experienced paediatric nurse who holds a valid Nursing and Midwifery PIN number.
- A current DBS
- Experience with a school or community setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative as well as within a team and be a good team player.
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Good ICT skills including knowledge of word and excel
- Good at prioritising and able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, trustworthy, dependable and reliable person
Key tasks and responsibilities
- As a school nurse you will be responsible for the day to day running of the medical centre with the provision of first aid / emergency care within Holmewood House School for pupils, staff and visitors.
- To provide care for any pupil, staff or visitor who becomes unwell whilst at the school. This would include the appropriate medical assessment and any treatment that is required and to organise collection of a pupil by their parents/guardian if they should need to go home due to injury or illness. You would be responsible for the supervision of the child until the parents/guardian can attend.
- Receive and record any medication which is brought in by parents/guardian and store the medication safely.
- Administer any prescribed medications, such as antibiotics that have been brought into school as authorised by parent/guardian. Administer over the counter medication as required and as per school policy.
- Continually review medication and check expiry dates on medication, ensure that parents/guardians are contacted promptly to provide in date medication should it expire.
- Manage the care of children with chronic medical conditions, keeping the individual health care plans up to date.
- Have an up to date first aid certificate. The medical centre deals with day to day incidents and child accidents, including treatment for minor cuts, knocks and bruises.
- Assessing the extent of more serious cuts and grazes and the provision of medical treatment or referral to minor injuries/A&E
- Directing teaching/non-teaching staff in the administration of medication when necessary, e.g. for school trips.
- To organise first aid provision throughout the school – ensuring adequately and appropriately stocked first aid kits and emergency equipment e.g. defibrillators are working and in date within the school site.
- Collating lists of medical needs for children at home or away matches and school trips. Organising first aid bags with any medication that is needed. Inform away venues of any children that have allergies.
- Keep the kitchen informed and updated of any child with allergies.
- To keep medical records up to date, record all children that come into the medical centre in the diary and maintain records on computer records system.
- Ensure the medical centre is well organised and tidy. Ordering medical supplies when required.
- To know and understand the schools safeguarding policy.
- To maintain nursing registration and attend appropriate training.
Please send in a completed CV and covering letter along with the attached application form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nursery AssistantApril 2020 Fixed term contract for one term
Are you excited by the opportunity to ignite a passion for learning in the early years through exploring, questioning and doing? We require a well-qualified and enthusiastic Nursery Assistant to support our growing numbers in the Summer Term.
You would be joining a friendly & compassionate team who are dedicated to providing the children in our care with high-quality teaching & care.
This position is currently for the summer term only.
Qualifications and Requirements
• NNEB, Cache, or NVQ level 3 Childcare qualification
• A positive role model
• Have a desire to work with an organisation that respects individuality and creativity
• Have strong EYFS knowledge
• A passion to make a difference in a child’s life. Key Responsibilities
• To ensure compliance with all nursery policy and procedures
• To observe, plan and evaluate appropriately for children using the EYFS curriculum for prime and specific areas of learning.
• Have a knowledge of Tapestry – Maintain accurate and effective children’s records, using formative and summative assessments.
• To promote diversity and equal opportunity
• To work in partnership with parents forming caring and trusting relationships
• To effectively work as part of a team
• Assist in ensuring the nursery provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment for individual children and enables them to meet their full potential.
• To ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times
Our EYFS department comprises of three Reception classes (age 4 to 5), two Nursery classes (age 3 to 4) and one Pre-Nursery class (join the term they turn 3). The successful applicant would be expected to work across the whole department if there is a need. The Nursery block is a standalone unit within the grounds of the Pre-Prep and Prep School school and boast 2 beautiful spacious gardens, offering a secure and secluded site for up to 60 children. This abundance of space offers endless opportunities for learning through play.
40 hours per week, from 8.00 am – 4.00pm (Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri) 8.00 – 3.30 (Wed) for the duration of the summer term only: Friday 17th April to Friday 3rd July.
£17,500 to £18,500 pro rata
Monday 9th March
Holmewood House is an equal opportunities employer. We are also committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so applicants must be willing to agree to appropriate checks with former employers and full DBS screening Registered Charity for the purpose of providing Education Charity number 279267
Evening Cleaner with Cleaning Supervisory DutiesImmediate Start
Reliable Evening Cleaner with Cleaning Supervisory Duties.
Immediate start Term Time including inset days, plus three full weeks in the school holiday period for deep cleaning Monday-Friday 3.30pm-9pm
Hourly rate £9.53
Please complete the attached application form and return to Mrs Anita Randall at email@example.com
The appointment will be subject to all required safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Registered Charity for the purpose of providing education. Charity Number 279267.
We would like to build up a bank of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 supply teachers to which we can turn when we require cover. If you are suitably qualified please contact Mrs Claire Little – firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience in the independent sector would be an advantage.
Holmewood House School is an equal opportunities employer. Holmewood House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to all required safer recruitment checks including an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
The posts advertised above are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and Amendment Order 1986. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those which otherwise would be regarded as “spent” must be declared. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures and other checks.
Registered Charity for the purpose of providing Education Charity Number 279267