Senior Catering Assistant
Holmewood House is a highly successful I.A.P.S. co-educational day and boarding preparatory school of 440+ pupils, set amidst the beautiful Kent countryside, at Langton Green close to Tunbridge Wells. The School is a busy and happy environment in which to work.
We are looking for a general catering assistant to join our well-recognised and motivated catering team to support our excellent provision of high quality catering to pupils and staff. The role would particularly suit an enthusiastic individual, who is attracted to a friendly working environment where the shift patterns do not require the late hours traditionally associated with the hospitality industry.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Take full responsibility for running some shifts
• Preparing food for the breaks and main meals
• Assisting the chef/cook as required during the daily rotas
• Serving staff, children and parents
• Cleaning – this includes washing-up plates, pots and pans, floors and walls
• Being able to work as part of a team and work responsively based on requests
• Awareness of relevant hygiene, health and safety guidelines
• Assisting with deliveries
• Friendly and enthusiastic in serving children and adults
• Flexible to perform additional responsibilities as required
• Prepared to work hard in a busy kitchen
• A team player who can work various shifts
Meals and uniform included.
Additional benefits include a contributory pension.
The working pattern would be discussed with applicants but is generally based on a 42.5 hour week during term time over a series of shift rotas to be agreed with the successful applicant.
Paid holiday is also provided.
Salary will be discussed at interview and depends on experience and hours worked.
Please complete an application form and email to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity.
The School will look to interview suitable candidates upon receipt of application, so early application is encouraged.
Applicants should include a copy of their curriculum vitae with their application if it contains additional relevant information.
If you have any questions or require a hard copy application form, please contact Stef Parnell on 01892 860000.
We would like to build up a bank of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 supply teachers to which we can turn when we require cover. If you are suitably qualified please contact Mrs Claire Little – firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience in the independent sector would be an advantage.
Holmewood House School is an equal opportunities employer. We are also committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to agree to appropriate checks with former employers and enhanced DBS screening.
The posts advertised above are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and Amendment Order 1986. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those which otherwise would be regarded as “spent” must be declared. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures and other checks.
Registered Charity for the purpose of providing Education Charity Number 279267