Learning at Holmewood House is carefully tailored in order to meet the needs of our pupils and develop the 21st Century Competencies our learners require in order to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Our teachers care deeply about all of our pupils and this is reflected in everything we do. Learning across the school offers a diverse array of opportunities for the acquisition of new knowledge and skills. Learning at Holmewood is an approach which harnesses the benefits of digital technology, with both teachers and pupils harnessing the power of technology in the classroom and beyond to deepen pupil learning.
We believe pupil wellbeing and happiness is the very foundation for all learning that takes place, so every day begins with an extended form time with form teachers of fifty minutes, primarily intended to support pastoral wellbeing. Through our pastoral relationships and our tailored PSHE course delivered across the school, we further foster the emotional toolkit all our pupils need to tackle the challenges and joys of lifelong learning.
At Holmewood House, our planning, assessments and transitions are carefully devised by our departments and subject specialists so as to ensure challenge, engagement and support for all. In addition to the core subjects of English and Mathematics, our pupils have the opportunity to study Modern and Classical Languages, Science, Humanities, Music, TPR (Theology, Philosophy and Religion), Computing, Art, Drama, Design & Technology, Personal Social Health Education, Critical Thinking and Physical Education.
At Holmewood, class sizes are small and pupils are taught in both mixed ability groups as well as sets for Mathematics and French. This enables teachers to really get to know their pupils and adapt the pace of learning to best respond to pupil needs.
The Holmewood House approach to learning is designed to:
• educate the heart of pupils, as well as their mind
• Enable our children to develop the key transferrable and subject specific skills and good learning habits which will prepare them for their future lives
• Empower children to be intellectually curious, creative and independent learners
• Provide a broad, balanced, challenging, exciting and enriching educational experience for all children
• Encourage active learning with an attitude of hard work and commitment
• Inspire in our children a lifelong love of learning
• Prepare our children to enter into an ever-evolving, increasingly multilingual and globalised world.
We would be delighted to hear from you and invite you to contact us for any queries you may have. You can reach us on 01892 860000, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out this contact form to request a callback.