Bad Weather Update
This page will be used in conjunction with ClarionCall text messages and the Kent Closures website to provide updates in cases of bad weather.
Please do remember to keep us advised of any changes to your mobile telephone numbers - you will not receive the ClarionCall text messages unless we have up to date numbers.
2 March 2018 06:46
School is open. Some surfaces remain icy so please drive with caution. Various websites forecast snow later today. Please only make the journey if you deem it safe. Pick up is 15:30 but if you are concerned about the weather and your journey please pick up at any time.
Today's Open Day has now been postponed and will take place on Friday 16th March.
1 March 2018
School is open as normal. Barrow Lane and Hither Chantlers are clear with a few icy patches. Please drive with extreme care and only make your journey if you deem it safe to do so. We will closely monitor the weather and communicate as necessary.
Open Day tomorrow has now been postponed and will take place on Friday 16th March.
28 February 2018
The grounds and maintenance staff have been working around the site and conditions have improved, but but car travel on Barrow Lane and Hither chantlers is still not advisable. The weather forecast for Thursday and Friday is for continued freezing conditions and further snowfall. We will continue to provide parents with daily updates at 7:00am on Thursday and Friday.
We will endeavour, when possible, to remain open but a programme of activities may take the place of academic lessons for those children able to access the site safely.
Whilst some of the public roads are clear, due to frozen surfaces and further snowfall, Barrow Lane and Hither Chantlers are treacherous. We therefore advise that access to the school is by foot. The school is open and will run activities for those who arrive, but due to skeleton staffing formal academic lessons will not be in place today. If arriving please report to the school reception. Mini buses cannot leave the school grounds and will not run.
27 February 2018
We have worked hard all day to clear and prepare the site for tomorrow and will issue a further update by 7am in the morning. All matches both home and away have been cancelled.
The roads into the school remain inaccessible. Although the site itself is currently clear, the forecast is for further snow. The normal teaching programme is suspended and any pupils who come on to the site must report to Reception and will be cared for by the staff in school.
The school site will close at 4pm. Arrangements for tomorrow will be communicated by 7am following a site inspection.
Due to heavy snow the site is inaccessible and not safe at present. Minibuses cannot get out. More snow is forecast, so please wait for further updates.
"Pupils are highly appreciative of the non-material aspects of life [...] Pupils value friendship highly."
ISI Inspection Report 2017